Background

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

It's *magic* time!

I've been trying to talk Jeremy into taking the boys to Disney World for Freddie's third birthday. While at Freddie's second birthday celebration last week, I think I may have sealed the deal ... well, my brother-in-law may have.

Jeremy was bemoaning my idea, saying he didn't want to go until the boys were, like, twenty. Brother-in-law Brian said to Jeremy, "There are some fights that are worth having, and there are some that aren't." His basic point was that giving in on this trip is a quick way to build up some relationship capital, and ever since, Jeremy has been going along with my idea. I can't yet say he's "okay" with it, but I CAN say that, as I proceed with plans for next January, Jeremy's no longer saying, "We aren't going until the boys are out of college."

On behalf of Jones and Freddie, I say, "Thank you, Uncle Brian!"

Anyway, when we get back from our 356-days-away visit, I'm sure I'll build a photo book using Shutterfly's awesome new Disney template. There'll be pictures of Jones and Freddie's first sight of Cinderella's castle and an anecdote about what Freddie said the first time he got to see Goofy.

I don't want to leave out my FIRST memory of this Disney trip, though - it came today. As Freddie finished his nap, Jones and I "cuckled" under his tractor "cubbers," streaming videos from DisneyVacations.com. My big boy excitedly gasped at every character he recognized and made very specific plans for lunch with Mickey. He even told me, out of nowhere, that he's gonna sit beside me when we ride the train.

We sat there, snuggling, for over an hour. As we did - his hand in mine, my laptop on his legs - I thought, "You don't have to be at the Kingdom for the Disney magic to begin."

I.can't.wait.

I was trying to take our picture, and Jones kept playfully saying,
"No cheese, no cheese," which is his way of saying,
"No pictures, Mama." As if I EVER listen to that ...

No comments:

Post a Comment