On Wednesday nites, we have to take two cars to church, so tonite, after loading the boys in the car, Jeremy said to them, "I'll race ya home!" Jones answered, "We gonna beat you, Dada, in your new beeg car(t - for some reason, he always adds a t)."At the next stoplight, Jeremy pulled up beside us, and then, he SMOKED us in the turn. When he did, Jones said, "We haffa catch 'im! KA-CHOW! (like Lightnin' McQueen)."
(For the record, Jeremy won. Also, for the record, as I strapped Jones in his carseat, he told me, "I missed you!")
When we got home, Freddie disobeyed, so Jeremy went to deal with that, while I took the opportunity to review the importance of obedience with Jones.
"What happens when you disobey?" I asked.
Jones responded matter-of-factly and as if he were trying to clear up a misunderstanding. "NOT me," he said. "I not disobey. Freddie did, NOT me."
Ohhhhhh. Okay, Buddy. I gotcha.
No comments:
Post a Comment