Background

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Lacing Shoe Blues

In spite of the wonderful news about Freddie's blessedly excellent health (thank You, Lord!), today ended with much frustration that included but was not limited to Freddie's whining almost the entire time I made him play in the playroom and Jones's telling me I couldn't take away his piano bench, because it's his.

For the record, I DID take the bench away, and afterwards, Jones and I had a LOOOOONNNNGGGGGG talk about who owns the things in this house and to whom they are very kindly lent. I'm thinking he'll get "lent" that bench again about the time he's ready to start taking lessons.

ANYWAY, as a way to flush a frustrating day, I'm focusing only these few adorable (in my opinion) anecdotes:

1) This one isn't so much an anecdote as it's a picture. Jones threw up twice overnite (he and I both have had tender tummies of late), and he was VERY sleepy this morning, so he asked if he could cuckle on the couch. Of course, I put him on it. He hadn't been laying there for long when Freddie asked if he could sit beside him, so there they were, both cuckled up, watching "The Clubhouse." It was super cute.

2) We bought Jones this headlamp for Christmas. He hasn't really paid much attention to it. In fact, I haven't seen him play with it at all. You can imagine my surprise, then, when he popped his head through the playroom doorway, saying, "Ribbit! Ribbit" as that meant-for-his-forehead lamp covered his nose.


Of course, when I tried to get a picture of it, he wasn't cooperative, but at least, you get the gist.

3) I've alluded to Freddie's foot fetish. Baby Brother loves him some shoes. That's why I got him this lacing shoe, thinking he could PLAY with it.

Well, today, while I was addressing Jones's "you can't take it from me; it's mine" statement and the fact that, when asked if he pitched a fit when I took the bench away, he said, "No. Not me. The baby did, the baby called 'Brother,'" I heard Freddie crying from the playroom.

"Mama! Hole!" ("Help!"), he said.

So I went in to the playroom to find "the baby called 'Brother'" not PLAYING with his lacing shoe but WEARING it and unable to get it off (thus, the crying).

Behold.





 So THOSE are the things I want to remember about today - though there are other parts I'm not sure I'm able to forget.

2 comments:

  1. So do you ever think, "For this I got a doctorate?" :-) Hope tomorrow is better!!!

    ReplyDelete