Background

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Gingerbread and Then Some


Yesterday afternoon, I got a call from my sister asking if the Four I Adore could come and spend the nite. I couldn't say YES fast enough. It was AMAZINGLY awesome to have them here - and not just because they take such incredible care of my boys when they're here.

When we woke up this morning, I thought it'd be a good idea to take the gang to see the Gingerbread Houses at the Grove Park Inn. I'd THOUGHT the Houses would be the star of the show. I had no idea that the REAL show would come in the car ride to Asheville.

Camden, of course, was sitting shotgun and playing DJ. Jones picked it up pretty quickly. I, of course, didn't come on the scene until Jones had already started dancing, but Camden was able to recreate the moment for me.



Things picked up steam as we eased on down the road.





The funny thing is that, hours later, the kids were gone, and the boys and I were driving to Jeremy's office when I heard this tiny little voice very softly singing this to himself.



And a few minutes later, I heard him very softly singing this to himself (it's so soft that it's kinda hard to hear).


Jones LOVED the train houses. He wanted to go back and
see them over and over again.





I tried to get a picture of all six grandkids. Neither of the boys
were cooperative AT ALL. In fact, Jones just point blank
SAID, "I CAN'T take a cheese." Ugh.

(UPDATE (12/12/15): I just talked to Daddy, who told me an anecdote that Payton had passed on to him. While Payton and Freddie were playing in the den, Freddie filled his britches. To get away from the stink, Payton scooted away. Freddie looked at him and said, "Cuckle?")

No comments:

Post a Comment