Background

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year!

The extent of our New Year's Eve celebration was party hats and "sparkies," which both boys liked to watch but neither of them wanted to touch.

The boys and I spent the day in Greenville but were back in time for dinner with Jeremy. That's when I handed out the party hats I'd bought at Wilson's earlier today. We also broke out the sparklers, and then, about 7:30, the boys went to bed, which is where I'm heading as soon as this post is published. Absolutely NO part of me cares about making it up until midnight, which is hard for even me to believe, because watching the ball drop used to be as must-see-tv for me as the Macy's Parade.

My how things have changed. 

A couple of notable things to remember about tonight's "celebration" (such as it was):

1) Jones was so excited about the party hats (not surprisingly). He kept saying, "Happy BIRTH-day, Mama! Happy BIRTH-day, Freedie" and then "I've got my party hat!"

2) Freddie had a hard time figuring out his hats, though he loved both kinds he tried on. When he had on the top hat-type, he'd take it off and say, "Yeeeeee-hawwwwwww."

3) Jones called sparklers, "Sparkies." I'm going to call them that forever now and people will wonder if that's what I really think they are.

Here are some pictures that come with a sincere wish for a happy, HEALTHY New Year.


"Yeeeee-haw!"






Jones LOVES to perform for his reflection - or
his shadow. He just can't resist it.


I love how all you see of the "Freddie"
on this shirt is "Fred." 
At one point, Jones spontaneously hugged Freddie,
which he does a lot - he also randomly throws him on the ground
and pulls his hair. Emotional yin and yang.

No comments:

Post a Comment