Last year, Lila's birthday present was a date - just me and her - to see Disney Princesses on Ice. She LOVED it, and I loved the time I got to spend with her. Disney on Ice came back to Greenville around her birthday this year, and she wanted to see the show. So, of course, we did.
Since Jones is really in to Mickey Mouse right now - and since THIS show is about ALL Disney characters (not just the Princesses) - I decided to bring him along. When buying our tickets, I found out that Freddie, being under two, was free, and how could I have FREE tickets to see Mickey and NOT bring Freddie? So that's how both boys ended up going on Lila's 9th Birthday Date. Daddy ended up going, too. Not knowing how the boys would do, I wanted to have an extra set of hands, just in case.
They actually did REALLY well. There was a minute when Jones got mad at me for not letting him eat the random applesauce pouch he found on the disgusting concrete floor under our seats, so he tried to retaliate by kicking Freddie (makes sense), and I had to take Jones out to calm him down, but he DID calm down, and he came back in and acted like a show-seeing champ for the rest of the event.
Both boys got bored when the characters they didn't know were featured, but so long as it was someone they recognized (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Pluto, Buzz, Woody, Jesse), they really liked it. I was sad that I didn't get to visit with Lila like I did last year, but all in all, I was glad that I took the boys.
Their excitement started early in the week when I told them we were going to see Mickey. Friday morning, when I was getting them dressed, I just happened to think, "Wonder if they'd like to wear their Mickey ears?" They did (neither of my boys has ever met a hat they didn't like). In fact, as soon as I put his ears on Jones's head, he said, "Hot Dog!" and started dancing - kinda like when they put that ole top hat on Frosty the Snowman. It was awesome. He ended up Hot-Dog dancing around the den, and Freddie, who almost always does what Jonesie does, followed suit.
All in all, it was affirmation to me that my current plan of taking the boys to Disney World for Freddie's third birthday is totally doable.
Now to convince their daddy of that.
[VIDEO]
They actually did REALLY well. There was a minute when Jones got mad at me for not letting him eat the random applesauce pouch he found on the disgusting concrete floor under our seats, so he tried to retaliate by kicking Freddie (makes sense), and I had to take Jones out to calm him down, but he DID calm down, and he came back in and acted like a show-seeing champ for the rest of the event.
Both boys got bored when the characters they didn't know were featured, but so long as it was someone they recognized (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Pluto, Buzz, Woody, Jesse), they really liked it. I was sad that I didn't get to visit with Lila like I did last year, but all in all, I was glad that I took the boys.
Their excitement started early in the week when I told them we were going to see Mickey. Friday morning, when I was getting them dressed, I just happened to think, "Wonder if they'd like to wear their Mickey ears?" They did (neither of my boys has ever met a hat they didn't like). In fact, as soon as I put his ears on Jones's head, he said, "Hot Dog!" and started dancing - kinda like when they put that ole top hat on Frosty the Snowman. It was awesome. He ended up Hot-Dog dancing around the den, and Freddie, who almost always does what Jonesie does, followed suit.
All in all, it was affirmation to me that my current plan of taking the boys to Disney World for Freddie's third birthday is totally doable.
Now to convince their daddy of that.
[VIDEO]
![]() |
| At one point, Jones stared, moving around and watching his shadow on the wall. |
![]() |
| "Puppah" and "RaRa" are Freddie's fairly constant companions - along with Tec, which Jones must not remember is technically his; otherwise, I'm sure he wouldn't let his brother get so cozy with him. |
| While Lila and I went out to get "treats" - Krispy Kremes, popcorn, and snow cones - the boys stayed with Daddy and checked out the lay of the land. |
| Jones kept climbing in to his seat, and Freddie kept wanting to sit beside him - which Jones was NOT thrilled about. |



















No comments:
Post a Comment