Today, the boys and I went to Storytime at the Waynesville library.Last summer, we met my friend Jessica (and her son William) at a Storytime in Greenville, but this was our first visit to one in Haywood County, mostly because it never occurred to me to look and see if they offered something like this.
Turns out, they do. In fact, the Haywood County Public Library System offers Storytimes three days a week, so it won't be a problem of IF there's one to go to. The problem will be deciding which ONE to go to, as I try to solidify our schedule for the next several months!
We went right after the boys had spent 45 minutes in the gym nursery. Before the stories got started, they loved playing with the books and puzzles at the library, but when I got them situated on the carpet to wait for the "show" to begin, Jones laid down, started sucking his thumb, and whined, "Home, Mama. Pees."
Ugh.
I pacified him by patting his leg and singing "The Wheels on the Bus" until the story got started, at which point he was rapt.Then came the music part of the program. The boys got to bang sticks together and shake sand-filled eggs, which was every bit as much fun as you'd imagine it'd be.
For his part, Freckle did pretty well, though, every now and then, he'd try to go rogue and leave the carpet for parts unknown.
Still, it was a great morning. Jones even got a sticker and let me put it on his shirt. He's never been willing to let me do that before! It had Nemo on it, though Jones called him "orng fish." When we got home, he told Jeremy, "I got fish, Dada!"
I'm thinking we've found our fun (and free ... and close to Jeremy's office!) Wednesday morning activity!
#awesome




No comments:
Post a Comment