Background

Friday, May 1, 2015

Garden Party





For Easter, Jones got some gardening tools. Ever since, they've been on a shelf in the kitchen, but today, as Jeremy pulled weeds in the front yard, I pulled down the tools, so Jones could join in to "help" his daddy.


He had a BALL. He'd scoop mulch and "spread" it and run around the front yard, telling me every time I showed my face outside that "[jibberish] Dad-da hep." When Jeremy would take a big scoop of weeds to the tractor wagon, Jones would fill his spade with mulch and try to carry some over, too. 

It was adorable ... and gives me great hope that Jones will grow to REALLY help his daddy outside, so I DON'T HAVE TO.

Oh, and later in the day, Freddie came outside, too. He saw Jones's juice cup and headed straight for it. Seeing that, Jones ran to the cup, picked it up, and hid it somewhere that Freddie couldn't find it. That reminds me - there's probably STILL a half-empty sip cup of milk outside.

So, yeah. Any tips on teaching toddlers to share?








No comments:

Post a Comment