Background

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Playdate, Part Deux

As much as Freddie loves that school bus
shirt, he also loves those gray shoes.
Inexplicably, he calls them "Buzz shoes."
Freddie, by the way, has a foot fetish.
You may or may not know this about Freddie Bear, but Baby Brother loves him some school buses. He always has. I mean, like, since he could start picking favorite things, school buses have been on that list (alongside "yoyo" (yogurt) and "chockt" (chocolate milk)).

So a few weeks ago, I saw a super cute school bus shirt, and I bought it on the off chance that I decided to put the boys in preschool (which, by the way, I've decided NOT to do). Freddie has been asking to wear it, since he first saw it come out of it package, and today, I said, "Sure."

As soon as he put it on, he said, "Pease ride in it." I didn't know how to explain to him the physical impossibilities of that request, so I just told him, "After Reagan and Brice leave," and he cocked his head and compliantly said, "Yay-yer?" as he always does when I delay his gratification.

Our new "I love you ... BEAR"
sign is one of MY favorite things.
He then left his room. I stayed in there to make his bed (ONLY because company was coming) but asked him to come back. I wanted to get a picture of him looking all adorable in what turns out to probably be my favorite outfit he's ever owned. He dutifully returned to his room and opened his door (the boys have a thing about closing all of the doors; it's more fun than a day's worth of digging). When he saw me poised for a picture, he said, "What doin'? Take my pitcher? I sorry; I goin' work."

Sorry, Son, for being such an inconvenience.

Once every one was dressed - and (GASP!) all the beds were made - our buddies Reagan and Brice came back to play. There wasn't any water fun - it rained most of the early morning. Still, all four played really well together inside.

When it was time to leave, Reagan told her mana she
wanted to hide, so she didn't have to leave. SUCCESS!
There was train time on the Island of Sodor, a little time in the playroom, and the bulk of the time in the den, jumping (and / or climbing) on the mattress and animals. Mama Elaine and I got in a great visit, while they played, so everyone was happy.

Then we sat down to lunch. Freddie started picking at Reagan like he picks at Jones. Instead of pitching a fit like Jones does, though, Reagan fought back. I was proud of her for standing her ground and not letting Freckle pester her to death. Conversely, Freddie was so sweet to Brice. He'd bring him toys and say, "Here go, Brice. Ya won it?" It was precious.

As soon as the Moores left out the back door and headed to their car, Jones said, "That's nice of them to come."

Given that I got as much friend time as the boys did, I couldn't agree more!

Way to go, Son.
That looks REALLY safe!


Reagan hugged the boys before
she left. It is SO fun to
see the differences between
boys and girls when she comes over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment