Jones went to the dentist today.It went every bit as horrifically as I'd imagined it'd would. Scratch that. I think it went even WORSE than I'd imagined it would, because I'd prayed that God would SHOCK me with miraculously good behavior from Jones, so I had a mustard seed-sized faith (and that was all) that He'd come through with something so astonishing only He could do it.
But alas, it was not to be.
I hadn't told Jones where we were going. We just dropped Freddie off at the Pressleys', and I told him he and I were going on a ride. When we walked into the Great Beginnings Waynesville waiting room, he was enamored with the toys - and it's a good thing he was, because we waited FOR FORTY MINUTES.FORTY.MINUTES.
Thank God Jones is ALSO enamored with SnapChat filters, because we spent a good chunk of that time playing around with them, which was really fun.
When the wonderful hygienist (Brittany) came to take us back, she apologized profusely for the wait, which I appreciated. Soon enough, though, I was the one apologizing to HER, as my three year old acted as I'd imagine he'd do if I'd set his hair on fire or made him take a bath in cubes of ice.I will love her forever, as a result.
The news from Great Beginnings was all good, thankfully. Dr. Bill said Jones's teeth are in great shape and, at this point, he doesn't see us heading towards orthodontia in the future.
As we left, I told Jones he couldn't have the surprise they offered, because his behavior didn't warrant it. I also told Brittany that I hope we see her again next Tuesday, as I have a feeling Freddie's appointment will look COMPLETELY differently - and, maybe, her opinion of my parenting will be improved.
Maybe.
![]() |
| Freddie wore his beloved school bus shirt today. Seriously. It's my favorite he's ever owned. |
| When he came out of the Pressleys' wearing that helmet - BACKWARDS - I couldn't help but wonder "who wore it better?" |


No comments:
Post a Comment