Background

Thursday, August 18, 2016

a Few Funny Things

1) Last week, I told the boys that Camden had gotten a job at Chick-fil-A. That was that. We didn't talk about it again.

Well, on Monday of this week, we pulled into an Asheville Chick-fil-A, and Freddie immediately said, "We see DooDoo!" I was astounded at his memory!

Though we didn't SEE DooDoo, we DID get to TALK to DooDoo, who'd just come in from his very first shift when I called to tell Sissy the story.

As he did the time before we went to this drive-through CFA, Jones requested that we park and sit at the picnic tables. No problem at all. When it was time to leave, Jones matter-of-factly said, "Mama, we can come back tomorrow," and I laughed, knowing we mostly would.

2) "Pressley Prep" is not yet in session. We really aren't doing anything formal for awhile, but I AM planning to at least TRY to teach the boys their letters and numbers (and to teach Freddie the colors / shapes that Jones already knows), so after leaving Chick-fil-A on Monday, we went to Office Depot to buy some school supplies and a few decorations to make the playroom look slightly like a classroom.

This morning, I asked the boys if they were excited to start "school" soon, and Freddie said, "We ride a school bus?" I TOLD you he loves those things. Jones responded, "We could use our OWN school bus - your caaaaaaaarrrrrrr!"

3) Finally, this morning, Jones very obviously had to potty, so I sent him to do it. I sat on the stool opposite him on the toilet, and he said, tauntingly, "I'm gonna SPRAAAAAAAAYYYYY you!" Then, after he'd gone, he started to take his aim my way. Luckily, there was no more water in the hose. But still, WHERE DID HE GET THAT IDEA?!?!

(This is another potty comment that I hate but that I know the boys will love, and so I write it down through decorous grimaces).

No comments:

Post a Comment