Thankfully, I get to visit with several of my old friends pretty often (I say "thankfully," because the good Lord knows I'd go crazy without them). Because of distance and work schedules, though, Jeremy hasn't been able to see as many of his buddies in the last several years.So it was awesome for him (and the boys and I) to visit with his Mars Hill pals Chris and Becca Thomas today. Chris was in our wedding. He and Becca live in New Jersey, but they were vacationing in Tennessee with their two kids and took a detour to visit with us "on the Hill."
As we drove there this morning, Freddie did as Freddie does - he teased his brother mercilessly. His brother, in turn, did what he does - which is pitch a fit to prove to Freddie that he had NOT pitched a fit as accused (he hadn't; Freddie just had Jones right where he wanted him, but still. THE IRONY).
Anyway.
The picking (and the "pitching") ended when we got to campus. The boys were able to run all over the quad. While we waited for the Thomases to finish up in the bookstore, Jones and Freddie made a game out of picking up and throwing sticks. Jones even brought me one that looked like antlers and said, "Look, Mama! It's a REINDEER!" They then did surprisingly well, as we walked all over campus, going in and out of buildings that were there when their daddy was (as well as some that weren't).
| As always, I appreciate Jones's enthusiastic participation in group photos. |




No comments:
Post a Comment