Background

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Happy Birthday, Pop Pressley!



At breakfast yesterday morning, I told the boys that today was their Pop Pressley's birthday. We then practiced singing "Happy Birthday." When I walked back to my room for a minute, I heard Jones practicing some more on his own, so I got him to do it again, so I could catch his sweet voice on camera.



Then came the big celebration. Since it's his 70th, we all went out to this amazingly great place in Bryson City, called the Hemlock Inn. We were the only family there, which meant that, once the boys finished their dinner, they could run around the dining room without disturbing anybody, and once everyone else was finished, we could all play on the beautiful grounds around the restaurant.

I can't speak for my father-in-law, but from the perspective of Jeremy, Jones, Freddie, and me, Mr. Pressley's was a VERY happy birthday! Whether it's for a birthday or not, we can't wait to go back to the Hemlock Inn!

Oh, and here's a cute story - Jones ate all of his green beans and asked for moree. I told him he had to eat something else (ANYTHING else) on his plate before I'd give him more. Freddie must've heard my "No," because he picked up one of his green beans, handed it Jones's way, and said, "Want some?"

All heart, that one.  Either that, or he saw an opportunity to unload his green beans without having to eat them himself.
















No comments:

Post a Comment