Background

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Special Agent JOJO

The first time this happened, it was one day last week. I thought about writing about it then, but without a picture to illustrate it (and without any energy at the end of the day it happened), I decided against it. Since then, Jones has done it again several times, but today, I just so happened to be taking pictures when he did it. Now that I have proof, I HAVE to post it.

So one of Jones's sometime-favorite shows is "Special Agent OSO." To be honest, I kind of hate it, but he loves it - and, maybe even more than HIM loving it, Jeremy loves it, so he watches when he's in an OSO kind of place and even refers to his toy helicopter as "Whirlybird."

Well, the other day, he was climbing in to his "big, giant bed," and to pull himself up, he grabbed the pool noodle that we've hidden under the sheets to keep him from falling out of bed. Of course, it slid under his weight, and he fell back down to the floor. When he did, he laughed and quoted what OSO always says when one of his training exercises go awry:

"It's all part of the plan!"

I was so proud - not only that he didn't cry when he fell but also at his clever and appropriate use of the line!

Well, today, he was running around outside when he slid and said - you guessed it - "it's all part of the plan..." Today, he added the rest of the line, "... more or less."

A little later, I was able to get some video of him "introducing himself" to Jeremy. Jeremy has been trying to teach him what to say when he meets new people. He doesn't often do it to actual new people, though he has from time to time, but I was glad to get footage to prove the fact that he actually IS picking up what Jeremy is throwing down.



Also, the finishing touch for the boys' new room came in yesterday. These pennants are my favorite things in the whole house.





Finally, one of my favorite apps is called Boomerang. It takes these silly little video clips, and since they have no sound, I have no idea what to do with them, except to periodically make iMovie montages out of them (which reminds me - who wants to teach me iMovie?!), so here's the latest with some Boomerangs from last week and this morning. We're going to the lake today, so I'm sure there will be more to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment