Just before nap time today, I walked in on Freddie sitting in a little chair in his room, reading a book that he held face out, the way I do when I read to both boys in their new room.The sweetness was kind of heart-stopping.
The whole "bedtime routine" of reading and, primarily, singing is one that we still haven't gotten the hang of since the room switch. It's the one part of the change that I'm not a fan of - and I totally didn't expect this. I miss the solo time with both boys, as I'd tuck them in to their own rooms.
Now, it's just a mess. Both boys want me in THEIR beds to sing or read or cuckle, so even when I'm with one, the other is asking if I'll sit with them next, so there's just not the same quality of snuggles that I was used to getting.
We've got to figure this out.
Otherwise, though, they seem to be doing great. Here's a picture of Freddie Bear sleeping ... sideways, just like Sissy and I had to do, so we could both sleep with Mayme at the same time.
Finally, here are a couple of Freddie-centric videos. The first is of him yesterday. The boys and I had just gotten in from being out, and instead of going up through the basement, we went up via the outside stairs. Freddie got to the top first (that is, before me and Jones), which was unusual for him, so I caught him celebrating, saying, "I did it, Pahdnahs!" over and over again. It's so adorably "little brother beats big brother for the first time" that I almost can't handle it.
The second was taken at Babies R Us today. Freddie wanted to ride the Pooh Plane; Jones did not. This is pretty typical. Hopefully, Freddie's willingness to try new things will rub off on his brother soon.
Right, Pahdnah?
No comments:
Post a Comment