There was ONE thing about the visit, however, that I MOST DEFINITELY want to remember. This was the time when my boys met the boy of one of my besties (Brooke Rainey Morgan). We stopped off at Brooke's on our way out of town (two days sooner than we'd plan to leave one of my all-time favorite cities; but seriously, Son. It's fine.). I was transferring Spring pictures to my external hard drive this morning when I saw these; my heart stopped with the realization that time had, once again, gotten away from me, and I'd failed to post pictures of one of the highlights of our year:
MEETING AJ!
We met AJ the morning after Jones had spent a good chunk of the nite inexplicably dry-heaving in our room at the Opryland Hotel. This is the reason our trip got cut short. It's also the reason the photo shoot I'd spent two hours ironing three different outfits for both boys got cancelled. His rough nite hardly left him in a "photo shoot" sort of spirit."Shoot," indeed.
He was, however, in the mood to meet AJ. Jones immediately reacted to this tiny 2 1/2 month old exactly as he had reacted to newborn Freddie. He was so sweet and tender with him. This was no surprise. Jones had been down the baby block. He knew the drill.
What DEFINITELY surprised me was how Freddie reacted to AJ. On the day they met, Freddie was exactly the age (14 1/2 mos.) Jones was when we'd brought home Brother, and he did to AJ EXACTLY as Jones had done to him - petted him, kissed him, laid his head down on him, and even tried to tickle him. It was absolutely adorable.So pardon me for a post that's three months post-due. But since I'm hoping AJ and my boys continue to be big buddies for many years to come, I definitely wanted to document the day that they met.
Plus, HOW CUTE IS THIS BABY!?!?!????







No comments:
Post a Comment