Background

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Prelude to an Eventual Father's Day Post

We've had quite the hectic Father's Day weekend. I'll (probably) write more about that later, but for now, suffice it to say that we brought a VERY tired two year old home from church with us this morning.

As is our nap and bedtime custom, I sang his song - "JoJo," he calls it - and our Hymn of the Month before putting Jones in his crib. For the last couple of months, he'll then make the sign for "more" and say, "More sing?" when I lay him down. I always oblige with an "encore," saying "One more," which I sing and then leave.

Today, though, we'd gone through the encore routine when he tried a different tactic.  He laid there, looked up at me, held up his pointer finger and said, "One more?"

I ask you: could YOU say no to that face?

No comments:

Post a Comment