1) While watching the Belmont Stakes yesterday, the boys were jumping and cheering as much as I was. About halfway through, when it became clear that American Pharoah was going to pull off the Triple Crown, I started sobbing. Jones looked at me (as he'd done at Zaxby's the nite before, a story that'll be in the massive Pawleys Island post, assuming it ever gets written) and said, "What wrong, Mama?"
How exactly does one explain happy tears to a two year old?2) This morning, Jones started saying, "Jones Pressley." I asked him, "Can you say, 'Freddie Pressley'?" He immediately said, "Baby Pressley." I'm not sure Freddie is EVER gonna outgrow that nickname.
3) Tonite, we went to the Pressleys' for dinner. After eating, the boys ran out to the wooden swing their Pop had just hung for them from a tree in the front yard. It has the John Deere logo painted on the seat. Jones saw it, pointed, and said, "John Deere tractor!"
Not even joking.
#obsessed
No comments:
Post a Comment