Background

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sky Top!

'Round here, it's not fall, until you've been to Sky Top.

For years, I took kids that I babysat to Sky Top, and then I took my sister's kids to Sky Top, so there's no way the tradition is going to end now that I have my own kids to take. The problem is, from Labor Day until about Halloween, Sky Top is the kind of busy that makes me want to take a bucket full of giant apples and pelt myself with them.

So for my own safety - and for the safety of others - we went early this year. August 28th was the day. Mom, Sissy, Payton, Lizzie Gray, and Lila joined us (Camden had school work) - both at the Flat Rock orchard and for lunch afterwards at Mike's on Main in Hendersonville.

It was a great time - the boys did fantastically - until Jones ... didn't. As we walked to the orchard (after visiting the animals), Mom said, "Jones has just grown up so much." I instantly knew that her pride would go before our collective fall. Not two minutes later, Jones started on a fit that lasted for the next fifteen. I can't even remember what brought it on - just that it came, and it stayed, until we got to Mike's when he was, just as quickly, angelic Jones again.

I am painfully aware of the fact that Jones will outgrow these outbursts at about the exact moment Freddie grows into them.

Pray for me.




It amazes me how Jones can be so tentative in so many aspects
of his life, yet he will let a goat eat from his palm. 



Freddie loved sitting in an apple tree!





No comments:

Post a Comment