Background

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Fair-ly Awesome


After we went to Sky Top on the 28th, the boys and I picked Jeremy up from work and went to the Haywood County Fair. There was a sheep show going on, and since he's seen the sheep-shearing episode of "Tec" about ten thousand times, I thought Jones might enjoy watching it.

As it turns out, we saw lots of livestock and checked out the antique tractors, but we didn't watch much more than a few seconds of the sheep show.

The best part of the evening, though, was dinner. We ate a spaghetti dinner in the hall where they had the music acts performing. While Jones ate (and ate and ate) spaghetti, the rest of us listened to the music. Then, Freddie started pushing his stroller around, which he found absolutely hilarious.

Just before we left, we thought we'd give Jones another shot at a fair ride. He didn't do well AT ALL when Mom, Daddy, and I took the boys to the fair in Simpsonville. Determined to force him to overcome his fears, though, we bought enough tickets for both boys to ride the train one time. Jones was, surprisingly, all for it. He didn't act nervous AT ALL as we stood in line. In fact, he was as brave as could be ... until he found out I wasn't riding with him.

Since we knew Freddie would ride the ride - and that he didn't have any idea that that's what we were waiting to do - we decided to use Freddie's tickets for me.

Jones did GREAT ... until the ride stopped. Let me put it this way: Big Brother needs to learn the concept that all good things must come to an end. His post-train ride fit prompted our immediate departure from the fairgrounds with the promise that he would never EVER ride a train again if that's how he was going to act when the ride was over.

I'm sure that really got to him.

Anyway, by the next morning, I'd recovered enough from the previous day's festivities to take both boys to the Tractor Pull back at the fairgrounds. I have a feeling we've got ourselves a late-August tradition in the making.






No comments:

Post a Comment