Background

Sunday, August 16, 2015

All About Freddie Bear



Freddie Bear gets way too little ink on this blog, so here are a few little quick hits about my buddy:

1) Today, we were driving to church, and we passed an Ingles. Freddie pointed to it and said, "SEA-SEA!" The fact that we were 72 miles from SeaSea's house doesn't matter. To him, he saw an Ingles, and recognized it as the one that sits at the mouth of her subdivision. Boy genius, am I right?

2) Nine times out of ten, when I ask Freddie, "Where's JoJo (or Dada or Nana or whomever)?" he'll respond, "Seeping, seeping" (Sleeping, sleeping), usually while nodding his head.

3) Because of his eczema, I lather Freddie's belly with lotion almost every time I change his diaper. Now, when I lay him on the table, he'll say, "cooooooo-lllllddddd," which is code for "cold," which is what he calls lotion, because it's always ... say it with me ... COLD! In fact, it's so cold that when I put it on his belly, his smiling eyes get wide, and he makes an "O!" face and laughs. He also likes to hold the tube while I change him.

4) Freddie has figured out how to do what my friend Chuck always called "Shamu." When I give him juice, he'll sometimes take a big drink in and blow it out his mouth, like a whale through its blowhole.

Today, in fact, as soon as we got to church, I discovered his entire shirt - and some of his shorts - were totally soaked in milk.

So there are a few of the things that have been on my "Freddie list" for a few weeks now. Also, he makes the "more" sign whenever I say say, "please." Jones said, "Puh puh" for "please" for nine months. What is so hard about "please"?! Oh, well. At least, he says SOMETHING.





No comments:

Post a Comment