Background

Thursday, August 20, 2015

"Crazy 'Bout" an Odyssey

This may be one of my favorite videos ever.

It's BEAUTIFUL here in the mountains this morning, so when Jones asked to ride his "mo-kye-cull" when we got home from dropping Jeremy at work, I didn't even care that the boys were still in their pajamas. We just jumped out of the car and into the (paved part of the) backyard. Jones was riding, and Freddie was "helping" me pull weeds.

Quickly tiring of this endeavor (I feel ya, Buddy), Freddie made his way to the van. Both boys - like ALL boys, I imagine - LOVE to "drive Mama beeg car" (or ANYBODY'S "beeg car," for that matter), as Jones puts it.  Jones soon saw Freddie in the driver's seat and went to climb in the passenger door.

I thought this was great. They were confined but still about ten feet from where I was weeding. I opened the tailgate for a better view from the mulch bed and settled in to get some work done.  Of course, this didn't last long. While Freddie stayed behind the wheel, Jones jumped in and out of the car like a ping pong ball ricocheting from one end of the table to the other.

Then Jeremy called to invite us to lunch. This meant I'd need a shower (YAY!), which meant we'd all have to go upstairs. When I went to get the boys out of the car, though, I found that Freddie had SOMEHOW turned on the ignition switch and, thereby, the radio. Brother Bear was enjoying himself a little Alan Jackson when JoJo jumped in (again) to join him.

At least, they've got great taste in tunes.

(The song, which is kinda hard to hear in the video, is "Crazy 'Bout a Mercury.")

No comments:

Post a Comment