Background

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

#pressleysatpawleys


We're back from what was the best week at the beach I can ever remember. For years, Pawleys Island has been my dream destination, and this past week was every bit as awesome as I imagined it'd be.

The boys did great - they had their own room, and Freddie spent a few nites and most naptimes sleeping in the bathroom of that room. For his part, Jones finally started walking more than crawling, and he even climbed the entire flight of stairs without a second's hesitation. He liked to climb those stairs, because he liked to reach the kids' loft where he got to pretend to be a big kid. On one visit, he fell off Camden's mattress (which was on the floor to begin with, so it wasn't a long fall) and busted his lip. There was no blood, thankfully, but I could see the big bruise under the skin in his mouth.  I'm sure this is just the first of MANY busted lips we'll encounter with two boys in the house.

Jones also did much better with the sand than I thought he would. The first time we set him down, he flipped out, but it literally took seconds - from one camera frame to the next, practically - for him to be laughing and playing in it. He also enjoyed the waves, though he wanted to be held the entire time he was in the water. As soon as he woke up each morning, he'd spend some time standing at the back door and pointing to be let out, presumably into the ocean that was just a few yards away.

Freddie got in, too, though he spent most of his outside time in his swing in a tent.

Oh, and one funny story about Jones. He was playing with Payton when he had a particularly fragrant diaper. Payton and I asked him if he needed dry drawers, and he nodded and pointed at his diaper. It was really cute; he'd never done that before, but it makes me think we're getting close to being ready for potty training! YAY!

Also, Jeremy proved his love to me by stopping in Columbia for lunch at Qdoba on the way home. Needless to say, I can't wait to go back.

Did you hear me, Pop?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment