Background

Thursday, June 26, 2014

P-p-p-recious

Jones had eaten a big dinner.

Pizza, fruit, and a glass of milk, he emptied his tray about as quickly as I'd filled it. As a treat, I broke a miniature Hershey Bar into four pieces and left it in front of him. It was gone just as fast as the rest of his dinner. 

He then said, "Mama!" and pointed to the pantry (where the candy had come from). I'm really working on "Please" and "Thank you" with him, so I decided I wouldn't give him another piece until he'd at least made an effort to say one of the phrases.  

"Say, 'p-p-p-please,'" I said, my face just inches from his. Finally, he did. He got out, "p-p-p-," and I thought it was so adorable that I didn't make him say the "-lease." Sue me.

Seconds later, the second chocolate was gone. When it was, he again said, "MAMA!" pointed at the pantry, and said, this time without prompting, "P-p-p..."

His wish was my command.


No comments:

Post a Comment