Background

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sick Day


I'll bet you're looking at this picture and wondering why Jones is in his napper at NITE.

And MAYBE, just MAYBE you're asking yourself why Jones's room has been rearranged, so that what is typically his napping apparatus has replaced the place where his bed usually is.

Well, here you have it:

Jones has his first cold.

It's not bad, and he's not fevered, but he's got a croupy wheeze that makes him sound like the penguin in "Toy Story 2," so he's taking Children's Mucinex and sleeping in his napper, because, though I'm not THAT kind of doctor, I've convinced myself that the incline will keep him from choking on his own drainage.

Makes sense to ME, anyway.

Oh, and I placed him right by his monitor, so if he needs me, I'll hear him via monitor before the sound can even reach my bedroom.

(UPDATE: He didn't need me. He slept clear through to 7 a.m. and was his same sweet, though still-croupy self, when I went him for my morning smiles.)

No comments:

Post a Comment