Background

Monday, March 4, 2013

Hungry, anyone?

As of 7 p.m. tonite, Jones's solid food diet consists of more than just Rice Cereal!

Tonite, we added a little vegetable action into the mix. I was concerned. He's really - finally - mastered the cereal, so I was a little timid to rock the boat, but he could not have done any better with the Beech Nut Sweet Potatoes we gave him.

We went with Sweet Potatoes in honor of my friend Elizabeth Wexler, who, for awhile, thought she might turn oompa-loompa orange for all of the Sweet Potatoes she ate. After the way he tore up nearly an entire jar of them - he'd probably have eaten the whole thing, if I wouldn't have stopped short, fearing what his Poppy would call a "reversal" - I think Jones may have the same problem.

Conventional wisdom says to try introducing veggies one a time for a few days. This way, we'll know what's the culprit, if he has any allergic reactions. Next week's veggie?  Mama's favorite - green beans.

With the introduction of solids to the feeding schedule, I'm also gonna try to mix up his bottle schedule tomorrow.  He's been doing five 6 oz. bottles a day. I'm thinking I'll up that to four 8 oz. bottles.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment