In other ways, I can't believe it's ONLY been five months.
No matter what I believe, though, it's true: Jones turned five months old today!
Just for posterity's sake ... and in case we ever have another baby and want to know what we were doing with Jones at any given point in his life, so that we can do the same with his sibling ... I'm going to type up some stats about his life as we currently know it.
Most days, Jones wakes up about 7 a.m. He'll generally lay in his bed, talking to himself for as long as we'll let him. Jeremy calls this "jibber-jabbering," and, not surprisingly, it typically consists of a good bit of dolphin calls.
Most days, we go in to his room between 7:45 and 8 a.m. He always greets us with the brightest smiles and squeals you can imagine. In fact, I don't like to let Jeremy get him up without me, because I don't want to miss out on those smiles. If you know how much I HATE getting out of bed in the morning, you know how bright the smiles must be to get me out of bed. He is definitely a morning person, something ELSE he didn't get from his mother.
Something he DID get from me, though, is not wanting to eat as soon as he gets up. He's usually up about an hour after he eats.
Here's the rest of his typical schedule:
7 a.m. - wake
8 a.m. - bottle / cereal
9:30 a.m. - nap (usually for about an hour, though sometimes more)
12 p.m. - bottle, then nap (again, he sleeps for about an hour here)
2:30 p.m. - nap (most of the time, he'll sleep a little longer at this nap)
4 p.m. - bottle / food
7 p.m. - "bassy, bassy time!" (though he doesn't get a bath everyday)
7:15 p.m. - bottle
7:30 p.m. - Bible story / prayer / bed
EATING:
Ideally, he'd eat 8 ounces four times a day. He NEVER eats that much, though. In fact, with this teething thing, he's lost a LOT of his appetite, so we're lucky to get 6 ounces in him, and he'd be fine with half that. He's also getting a tiny bit of Rice Cereal most mornings and, in the afternoon, he gets a veggie - so far, we've given him Sweet Potatoes (which he loved) and Green Beans (which he did NOT love). This week, we start with Sweet Peas. Maybe it'll be a good enough combination of the sweet and the green that he'll actually eat them without making a mess.
Speaking of messes, I've started stripping him down to his diaper to feed him food; otherwise, stuff just gets ugly. By "stuff," I mean me, him, his outfits, my attitude. You get the picture.
LOVES:
I'm very sad to say that he loves the TV. He also loves singing "Head & Shoulders, Knees & Toes" with Mama, playing "How big is Jones?" with Daddy, laughing when Poppy says "BOO" to him, giggling when Mayme "giddy-giddys" his chin, and staying with Nan & Pop while Mama goes to the gym.
All in all, Jones has been the BEST baby in the HISTORY of babies, if you ask me, and I am so excited to see how he continues to grow.
![]() |
| Jones in what Jeremy calls his "take-it-home outfit" |
By the way, as of last Monday, Jones is completely formula-fed!



No comments:
Post a Comment