With the boys being in school full time, I knew it'd be hard to domy traditional, spur-of-the-moment, the-light-is-right, pre-Easter photo shoot at the little white chapel in Clyde this year. I was committed to getting it done, though, so this morning, when we woke up to no rain (for the first time in what seems like a long-time), I hurried the boys to get dressed and get in the car, so we could, hopefully, capture a little bit of this morning's Golden Hour.
We didn't.
By the time we got to the Chapel (just before 9 a.m.), it was all backlit and shadows. Thankfully, though, we found a few shady spots at Lake Junaluska, so all was not lost.
The purpose of these "pre-shoots" is to take the stress out of Easter morning. With pictures already taken, I can relax and enjoy the morning without turning into Attila the Hun, who's insisting everyone be dressed and ready early enough to get a good shot before heading to church.It's worked like a charm.
This year, the boys really, REALLY tried to cooperate. Bless their hearts. Pictures are just HARD for little people. I ended our makeshift "shoot" with another renewed appreciation for what my friend Brooke does day in and day out and at the highest of levels.
Also, just before we left Junaluska, Jones ran over to me with a pair of dandelions he'd picked for me. The boys bring me these on the regular - and man, will I miss it when they outgrow this phase. The photos of him with the impromptu "boutonniere" are some of my favorites. He will definitely be wearing one of those come Resurrection Sunday!
















No comments:
Post a Comment