Background

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Jones got saved!


Tonite, Jones had had a rough nite. It hadn’t been rough until right at bedtime, and then, everything kind of fell apart for him, so he ended up in bed before Freddie. I tucked Freddie in, and as I walked by Jones’s room and in towards the den, I stuck my head in and said, “Good nite, Jones. I love you.”

He was laying on his stomach and turned his head towards me at the door and said, “Tomorrow nite, can we ask Jesus in my heart?” I walked in his room and said, “We can do it right now, if you want to.” He DID want to, praise the Lord, so just as I walked the path to salvation with one son on Sunday, I was privileged to walk with the other son tonite. I cannot believe what a gift this is!

After we went through everything (he told me his sins, like how he talked to me tonite and how he treated Freddie this afternoon and the way he lied to Jeremy this morning; he also started crying, saying how he didn’t want to be here when the earth burns up, which gave me the chance to tell him the great news of the Gospel), I sang “Over the Moon” to him. It’s been his favorite song, since he learned it at “Space School” VBS at Clyde First Baptist in 2017. I pointed out to him that he’d just done exactly what the song says to do:

A - Admit to God you’re a sinner and repent to Him!
B - Believe that Jesus is the Son of God, and then
C - Confess your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord,
And you will know eternal life forevermore.”

The incredible thing is that Freddie and I had just prayed that Jones would ask Jesus in his heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment