Background

Monday, December 4, 2017

"I'm a haircut maaaaaan!"


Because Jones had tummy troubles last nite, and because - after that and our first-ever bout with lice on Friday, I needed a day to just stay in my pajamas - we stayed home from church yesterday morning. The boys spent part of the morning "cutting" my hair (with safety scissors that will barely cut paper, much less hair). It started when I walked in to see Freddie cutting the fur on one of our giant animals. From there, things progressed to them cutting my hair.

They had so much fun doing it that they asked to do it again this morning. I had so much to do - namely, putting away the laundry I'd washed clean of lice - that I did NOT want to be their client today. Then I remembered someone who'd be PERFECT for the position. She's lived in the top of Freddie's closet for more than six years now, but she's been a cherished part of my family, since Christmas of 1987.

It's Cricket, Y'all.

The boys had a BALL with their newfound friend. I was in the kitchen, working, and overheard some of their salon talk, and I'm telling you - it was spot on. Here are a few exchanges:

JONES: So tell me, Cricket. Where do you live?
CRICKET (Jones, in a higher voice): In South Carolina.
JONES: Cool. That's where my Mayme lives.

(a few minutes later)

JONES: What's your name?
CRICKET: Cricket.
JONES: Cricket? Like Jimminy Cricket?

He also said to her, "You wanna cookie, Sweetheart?" and then he asked her what she was gonna be for Halloween. It was absolutely one of the funniest exchanges I have ever heard.

Here I thought that, because I had boys, Cricket wouldn't be played with by the next generation.
Shows what I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment