Background

Monday, October 16, 2017

My "Punkins" at the Patch

It may be the historian in me (who am I kidding? It is DEFINITELY the historian in me), but there are few things in this world that I love more than a tradition. The boys must be in agreement, because every time we pass certain places, they remind me of what we've done at that place.

One of those places is the "punkin patch," which is actually the First United Methodist Church of Waynesville. This time last year, I took the boys there to pick their punkins (until I realized the punkins they picked were $30 each, and we switched them out for some significantly less expensive!). Every time we've driven by it in the last year, they've pointed and said, "It's the Punkin Patch!"

So OF COURSE, we had to go back this year.

On a whim, we went today. Lighting was good for pictures, and the boys were dressed somewhat decently, because of it being Jones's birthday and all. We'd already bought - and painted! - our pumpkins for the year (Pro-tip: they are SO MUCH CHEAPER at Ingles), so the fact that the patch wasn't, technically, open yet didn't matter to us at all. In fact, it was better, because I didn't feel the pressure to actually PICK a punkin. I could focus instead on getting PICTURES with the punkins ... only the boys were more in the mood to run around, laughing at each other than smiling at my camera.

So, these pictures are the best I could get.

At least, the tradition has been upheld, whether or not I have the pictures to prove it.






No comments:

Post a Comment