Every day after Jeremy drops the boys off at school, we talk. He calls to tell me they're in their classes safe and sound and to let me know if there were any issues in the process. There usually aren't. In fact, I can't remember a time that there was, but still. I like knowing they got where they were going, and I think Jeremy just likes to hear the sweet sound of my velvety voice (I'm kidding).A couple of weeks ago when he called, he said, "Freddie asked me to stop at 'Old Duckdonald's' for a biscuit." Jeremy hadn't stopped - there wasn't time - but Freddie's request was noted by both of us, because it was so unusual.
That afternoon, as I picked the boys up from school, Jones climbed in and randomly announced, "Mama, it's Fries-day, the day that we eat fries!"
It'd never occurred to me that the boys were learning the days of the week at school - but Jones was absolutely right. It was Fries-day, so since Freddie had been in the mood for "Old Duckdonald's" earlier that morning, and since Jones was jonesin' for some fries that afternoon, I decided to swing by the Golden Arches on the way home from school that day.We've done it every "Fries-day" since, and I imagine we will for the foreseeable future. It's an arrangement the boys and I all seem to love - especially when we go to the Mickey D's with the massive playground on Brevard Road.
It's not a stretch to say it's one of our "Happy-est" Meals of the week.

No comments:
Post a Comment