Background
Sunday, March 26, 2017
Freddie's Funnies
After church today, we went to Wild Wings in South Asheville. It's kind of become our go-to spot for stopping on the way home from Arden. Jones loves the "cookie soup;" I'm get the buffalo chicken salad. Freddie ...
Anyway.
Freddie wanted to say the blessing today. He said about a thousand things I didn't understand: "Dear Jesus ????? feel better ??? feel better ??? feel better," but when he said, "Pease hep JoJo be a good boy," it came through LOUDLY and clearly.
Truth be told, he's probably heard his mama pray for JoJo's obedience a time or two, so I thoroughly appreciated his intercessory assistance. My dad pointed out that it was a very similar statement to one I made when I was 4 or 5. Daddy asked if I could name any of my sins. I thought for a minute and said, "No, but I can name some of Sissy's."
I still can, to be honest. The difference is, NOW, I can name my own sins, too. Freddie will get there. I hope. Until then, this story is the stuff that family lore is made of.
Labels:
Freddie,
Freddie's Funnies,
stories
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment