When your kid brother is a speed demon, he sometimes goes so fast that he throws you off his Gator.
(Though Jones cried when it happened, he got back in the saddle (because I made him) before we left the Pressleys'. I was so proud of him, because he was scared to go for another ride. Still, he did it, anyway, and he hasn't complained about the scrapes on his face ... not one time. Mama's little baby is growing up!)
_____
UPDATE (4/21/17): Jones still has a red patch on his cheek that makes him look kinda like he played Raggedy Andy in the school's Christmas production of "Super Gift from Heaven." I actually love it and think it's adorable, but it's there by his own hand. A few days after this "incident," he woke up, and his cheek looked a lot better. "Your face is looking better, Buddy," I told him, as we stood in the kitchen that morning. "I know," he responded. "I tooked dat fing off." So if he scars, he's only got himself to blame (for the record, I thought this was hilarious, and like I said, I love his little splash of rouge on his right cheek).
_____
UPDATE (4/21/17): Jones still has a red patch on his cheek that makes him look kinda like he played Raggedy Andy in the school's Christmas production of "Super Gift from Heaven." I actually love it and think it's adorable, but it's there by his own hand. A few days after this "incident," he woke up, and his cheek looked a lot better. "Your face is looking better, Buddy," I told him, as we stood in the kitchen that morning. "I know," he responded. "I tooked dat fing off." So if he scars, he's only got himself to blame (for the record, I thought this was hilarious, and like I said, I love his little splash of rouge on his right cheek).

No comments:
Post a Comment