Reagan and Brice came to play today!
At lunch, we used some cupcakes and the leftover birthday party props to have another small little celebration of Freddie's birthday. These four play together so well, and my boys LOVE to have them over.
When it came time for naps, I decided to try just a rest instead - I put Reagan and Brice each in a different LazyBoy and my boys both on the couch. I turned on a movie, gave them a snack, and said, "Do not talk or get up until this movie is over." I kid you not that all four of these children did EXACTLY as I'd said - and for over an hour!Maybe they were just worn out from a morning full of play, but I told their mom, Elaine, that I'm choosing to believe it's because we are super mothers whose well-disciplined children make us look like graduates of the James Dobson School of Parenting.
And then I'm going to leave out the part where my child bonked her child on the head with a plastic sword.
Ugh.
Oh, but there were other things that made me proud about today's play. Last nite, the boys and I read about Love and how the Bible says to love one another. We talked about ways we could show love to Reagan and Brice, knowing they were coming over today. We mentioned sharing and letting them go first in games and things.
Then, we talked about these things again at breakfast this morning. Well, as they played in the Romper Room that my den has become, Jones said to Reagan at the top of the slide, "Would you like to go first?" and when it was time to pick a movie, Freddie said, "Reagan can pick."I KID YOU NOT.
ALL ON THEIR OWN.
Those were the only two examples I can think of where the boys "showed love" to their friends, but still. I was so proud of them - and of the fact that my babies are, slowly but surely, beginning to understand that they are NOT the centers of the universe.
Also, I am so very, very, can't-even-tell-you-how thankful for the many wonderful friends I've made, since we joined Arden Presbyterian Church. The community there has been a TRUE answer to prayer.
And now for some pictures.
| I love how the boys are all romping around like crazy cakes, while Reagan sits so quietly, politely looking at a book. |





No comments:
Post a Comment