Well, as expected, Nites Two and Three of VBS got progressively better. Jones definitely had his moments - like when he yelled, "NO TALKING" at the lady leading game time, and I took him out for a very stern conversation about respecting your elders - but he'd at least laugh at the hand motions to the songs, and he even played a few games. He was especially fond of the ones involving balls and hula hoops!I'd have to say the highlight of his week, though, was making bracelets on Nite Three. The Prayer Box on Nite Two was fun, but the bracelets took craft time to a whole new level. Jones finished his first and asked to make a second. He later gave it to Freddie, and as soon as we pulled in our driveway, Jones ran jubilantly to Jeremy to show his daddy the beautiful0 creation.
The bracelets were the first thing on both boys' minds today, too. I picked Freddie out of his bed and set him on the floor. The next time I saw him - walking by me in the bathroom - 0he had his little string of beads around his wrist. When I went to get Jones, he didn't say, "Good morning, Mama!" He said, "I want my bracelet, Mama. It's in your room."
| Can't quit thinking, "We're Bracelet Buddies!" "THAT'S WHAT THEY'LL CALL US!" |
For the wages of sin is death, BUT the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord.
They learned the WHAT of the Good News on one nite, the WHY of the Good News on the next, and the HOW of sharing the Good News on the final nite.
Oh, and according to Elizabeth McKinney, the nursery keeper, Freddie was super sweet in the nursery. He'd call to his buddy Brice, who's several months younger than Freddie, and say, "Brice. Come here," and then he'd blow bubbles for the boy I'm sure Freddie sees as a baby (though he's not).
I already can't wait for next year.
Neither can the boys.
![]() |
| I LOVED having Jeremy tehre for the first two nites of VBS. I also loved how many other dads were there. too. |
| FULL DISCLOSURE: Jones had absolutely NOTHING to do with the painting of that picture frame, though he DID put the foam stickers on it. He DID, however, make his own Prayer Box. |









No comments:
Post a Comment