Background

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

"Oh, the things we used to do at Vacation Bible School ..."

The day has finally come.

Well, the nite, that is.

Tonite, Jones went to his very first Vacation Bible School class!

It went about as I expected it to - Jones stayed attached to me and, later, Jeremy, as if he were our second skin. He didn't want to dance; he didn't want to run through hula hoops or blow bubbles OR PAINT HIS MOTHER A FRIEKING PICTURE FRAME, THOUGH SHE REALLY WANTED HIM TO. He just cowered beside his daddy, sucking his thumb and insisting he did NOT want to make ANY kind of merriment.

Crazily enough, though, as we were walking out, Jones jubilantly volunteered, "Thank you, Mama, for bringing me to Bible School!"

Then, before bed, he jumped up and down, saying, "I LOVE BIBLE SCHOOL" without even being asked.

You got a funny way of showing it, Kid.

Maybe tomorrow will be better; if not, I'll just pretend the picture frame I painted was made by him. I'll treasure that bad boy forever.

Freddie was in the nursery, where he (of course) did fine, except when he stood at the window and saw the bigger kids blowing bubbles. He went a little bananas, crying and trying to climb out the glass.

So, assuming we're welcome back, we'll give it another go tomorrow and hope Jones ACTS like he loves Bible School as much as he says he does!

(I LOVED it, by the way. The friendships I've already made at our amazing new church are some of God's great gifts to me, so hanging out with those ladies, while Jeremy tried to coax Jones to act like a decent human being suited me just fine!)




I love this picture of Freddie
and PRECIOUS Lillian Brokke.

No comments:

Post a Comment