I couldn't help but think of someone else, as he did it.
Oh, and while we're talking about Freddie's (perfectly bald) head, I should mention something else from his nine month check-up last week. At every appointment, I ask Dr. O'Donnell about Freddie's noggin. We've never had any reason to think the slightly-inflated-right-ventricle-at-his-32-week-ultrasound was anything more that nothing, but it gives me great peace of mind to just ask the question to be absolutely positive that all is well.
When I asked at the six month appointment, Dr. O said that, if it were going to vary from the norm, it'd do it at nine months. Even though I'd thought we were out of the woods from birth, I hadn't worried about it all that much; it it was definitely in the back of my mind, though, as we went in last Friday.
When I asked about it, Dr. O'Donnell showed me the growth curve of his head. "That's a textbook growth curve," he said. It really was. His height and weight curves have all the peaks and valleys you'd expect, but the head made a perfect, beautiful arc.
As I saw it, I saw God's goodness to us - peace of mind in the form of a curve as natural as a rolling riverbend.
Thanks be to God.

No comments:
Post a Comment