Jones's first flight went incredibly well. We'd gotten to our gate in Atlanta early enough to ask if there were any empty seats available for him. Turns out, the very last row of the plane was available, which ended up being awesome. There was no window to look out (not great), but the engine was right beside us, which was great, because any time Jones made a noise, which wasn't often, it was drowned out by the roar of a jet engine.
Another great thing about the flight was that Coie Watson was flying out with us. I had no idea how much we'd need her help, but having her there ended up being a TOTAL God-send, especially when I spilled Jones's unzipped diaper bag, as I walked down the jetway.
Rookie mistake, I guess.
Though Omaha seems like a super city, our time was almost ENTIRELY consumed with convention work. We did get to visit the Old Market area of town (lunch at the Old Spaghetti Works), but it was raining, so we didn't get to do too much more than eat.
Thankfully, Mom flew out to keep the kids during the convention, so she did her thing, and we did ours, and then we came home on another great flight, once again with Coie, gratefully, in tow. On the second flight, I held Jones the entire time. Well, Coie held him some, too - see what I mean about her being helpful?! It was an entirely full flight but a smooth one, nonetheless.
After landing back in the ATL, we got our car, ate at California Dreaming, and drove back to Canton by way of Goats on the Roof, a place I'm sure we'll visit many more times between now and when Jones graduates college.
Something to look forward to.



No comments:
Post a Comment