We left for Ft. Myers about 8 o'clock Tuesday nite. As he usually does, we figured Jones would fall asleep before we could pull out of Mom & Daddy's parking lot.
But he didn't.
He fussed and fidgeted for longer than I have EVER seen him fuss and fidget, and I sat up front, thinking, "Booooyyyy, if you think I can't outlast that tantrum, you've got another thing comin' to ya!" before rearranging the entire cargo load, so that I could sit beside him, which was as effective a sooth-er as when I was trying to outlast him up front.
Now, though, I'm starting to sheepishly wonder if it wasn't something more than a tantrum. This morning, I felt his first tooth! I'm wondering if that weren't the culprit behind his Tuesday nite tears?
How bad do I feel?!
Regardless, the bottom left tooth is finally in - just three days shy of Jones's 8th month-iversary. Outside of this related-or-not episode on Tuesday, he really didn't show any fussiness, nor has he had sleep regression. Nope. Outside of having his fist down his throat, since April, and enough drool to float a boat, he really didn't have the classic symptoms of teething. He handled it really well, and I can't wait to see how he looks with a mouthful of teeth!

No comments:
Post a Comment