If you know how much I love my birthday, then you will be shocked by the following statement:
I have been WAY more excited about Mother's Day this year than May 8th.
Is somebody growing up? I wouldn't go that far, but I have been looking forward to Mother's Day with an excitement generally reserved for Big Blue Madness or a day at the Magic Kingdom.Jeremy and Jones exceeded even my highest hopes. They gave me a day that could not have been better. It started off with a "wake up call" from this little love bug. Jeremy got up, CHANGED JONES'S DIAPER, and put him in a onesie that says "Happy 1st Mother's Day." He was like my very own 3-D greeting card.
As if that weren't enough, Jeremy then presented me with the most beautiful calla lily corsage I have ever seen. When I was a little girl, I remember us often giving Mom a corsage on Mother's Day. In fact - correct me if I'm wrong, Mom - I seem to remember even Sissy and I getting a flower to wear some years? That made me love the corsage even more. Somehow, that small gesture said "I'm-a-mom" to me, even though I hadn't thought about it in years.Is Jeremy the most thoughtful man alive? Very probably.
After putting Jones down for his nap, Jeremy gave me another surprise: he'd gone back to a dress shop he knows I love and bought me an absolutely awesome white dress. Even more awesome is the fact that it fit! Though it cost about as much as all of my other dresses combined, I fought the urge to say "That's too much!" and instead reveled in the generosity of my wonderful husband. I was so proud to wear the dress today - especially bedecked with my calla lily corsage - and I can't wait to wear it every Mother's Day from now until I've finally gotten tired of perpetual Weight Watching, which, let's face it, will probably be about another six and a half days.
We went to church, of course, and after that joined the family at Sid's. And, after that, we rode around Asheville, while Jones napped and Jeremy ran errands for Teach Them Diligently. We spent the late afternoon visiting with the Pressleys before getting potato skins at Bogarts for a late dinner.
That brings us to now. I'm taking a break from folding laundry, while Jeremy sits beside me, watching "National Treasure" and complaining of tummy troubles. Ironically, though, as he complains at the end of this wonderful day I am reminded that I have absolutely NOTHING to complain about.
Happy Mother's Day, Y'all!
.



No comments:
Post a Comment