Background

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Fast Times



Today at Cooter's Dukes of Hazzard Museum - Jones's second visit in two days, by the way - we discovered that our little "good ole' boy"has the NEED ... the NEED for SPEED!

He's doing great in Nashville, though he's getting even fewer naps that the few he typically takes, but he's rolling with his nomadic parents, as I knew he would.  I was wondering about the time change and his bed time.  Should I put him to bed at 7 p.m. Eastern, as he's used to, or 7 Central, as in Nashville?  Well, both nites that we've been here, he's started melting down at 6 p.m. Central, which answers that question: he is an Eastern Daylight Time kinda kid.

So am I.

Last nite, while Jeremy and I went to the Grand Ole Opry with Brooke and Michael, Jones stayed with his Aunt Sissy, and today, he had his second photo shoot with Brooke.  She got some really, truly, SUPER cute shots, and I cannot wait to see them all in living color!

Here are some pictures of our trip so far.

OH!  And how could I forget?!

Jones had his first tastes of both grits and sausage gravy yesterday. I swear he ate more of my grits than I did. I can't blame him. The Loveless Cafe knows how to make some grits.  He liked the sausage gravy, too, but I was less willing to share that.  Actually, that's not true at all.  I was trying to keep his milk-based foods to a minimum.


NOW, here are some pictures of our trip so far ...

Biscuit with the Loveless Cafe's famous biscuits
He was flirting with the ladies at the table beside us.
Jeremy gave Jones his first bite of a biscuit;
it was slathered in strawberry jelly.
continuing to flirt with
folks at the Loveless
flirting with Brooke
Magic time!
"Just the good ole' boys, never meanin' no harm!"
second of two (?) visits to Cooter's
cruisin' cousins
Lila put Jonesie in a chokehold.
beautiful boy on our hotel room bed


2 comments:

  1. Last photo (in B&W) is classic! Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) It's hard to get a new sitter to stay upright on a squishy bed!

    ReplyDelete