
I'll say this for Field Day: it's WAY cooler now than it was when I was a kid. Back then, we were expected to suddenly be Olympic athletes - with the 50 yard dashes and the javelin throws and all that. Nowadays, it's more about standing in wading pools and passing water balloons to your classmates or playing "tag" with a wet sponge.
Kids these days, y'know?
I hadn't planned to volunteer for Field Day; I REALLY need to be working on my book, but Jones said he wanted me there, so ...
He had a BALL. I was afraid he wouldn't love the wet-ness of it all. Outside of swimming or being at Splash Country, he is not a huge fan of getting wet, and at the beginning of the first game, he was definitely a little unsure, but he settled in and thoroughly enjoyed himself, which I thoroughly enjoyed being a witness to.














No comments:
Post a Comment