It was a big day for the Pressley boys.
There's a couple of reasons why:
A few weeks ago, Freddie told me he would like to wear neckties "like Daddy" instead of the bowties that have been the mainstay of their Sunday wardrobes for years. As much as I love bowties, it was a hard accommodation for me to make, but I did it, so long as both boys promised that they'd wear bowties without complaining whenever I insisted (say on Easter, for instance).
They agreed.
They were both so proud. When we dropped them off at Sunday school, Jones's red and white tie was tucked into his Carolina blue sweater vest, but by the time we picked him up, he'd untucked it. When I asked him why (already knowing what the answer would be), he said, "so everybody can see it."Of course. From church, we went to Outback for lunch. Jeremy and Freddie played their customary game of Tic Tac Toe. For the first time ever, FREDDIE WON! Talk about proud. As we were celebrating at the table, the manager walked by. She said that anybody who wins at Tic Tac Toe gets a free Blooming Onion for the table. Freddie was BESIDE himself. He kept asking, "Mama, you can't believe I won dat?"
Then, he gave me the coloring page with his winning game on it. "Mama, you can keep this paper, so you can always remember that I did that," he told me.
As if I could EVER forget ...




No comments:
Post a Comment