Since Freddie only goes to school on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, he was able to be my date to today's groundbreaking ceremony on the new facility for my beloved South Carolina Children's Theatre.He didn't understand the "groundbreaking" part, but he sure was excited to hear he got to wear his "Topham Hatt jacket" (navy blazer). Just after I dressed him, though, he felt like something was off. "Topham Hatt has a white thing in his pocket," Freddie said. A problem quickly fixed, I pulled a handkerchief out of Jeremy's dresser drawer, ironed it, and folded it into Freddie's pocket. He proudly checked himself out in the reflection on the oven door and said, "Aha! THAT'S better!"
It was hot as blazes outside, but Freddie was, nonetheless, as good as gold. He sat quietly and still on my lap through the 25 minute ceremony and even got a compliment from Greenville mayor Knox White (on whose 1994 campaign, I volunteered!) for looking so dapper.
From there, Freddie and I headed north on Main Street. We visited toy store magnifique O.P. Taylor's, where I surprised Freddie by letting him pick out a new Thomas engine. He went with a Spencer train, so that his Spencer and Jones's Gordon could have races together (because he is the sweetest, most thoughtful child I have ever known). We then had lunch at Trio and headed home to pick up his best buddy from kindergarten (we didn't make it in time, because of hurricane refugees (understandably) clogging up the interstates, so Jeremy rushed out at the last minute to get him).
It was a great day - but, somehow, I need to figure out how to squeeze in this kind of alone time with Jonesie Bug, too!
(In this video, I saw Freddie picking me a flower in the front yard, as he often does, so I started recording to see what he did.)
![]() |
| Y'all. I have Diana Ross hair, and I do NOT mean that in a good way. |
![]() |
| This picture proves that I need eye cream and eyelash extensions. |
![]() |
| Freddie stood for this picture to show Jones the digger in the background. |
| Find Freddie. |
![]() |
| The bright smile you see on the end there belongs to Katy Smith, chair of the SCCT board. She is AWESOME. |








No comments:
Post a Comment