As soon as we arrived today, it was obvious I'd made the right decision.
The boys had a BALL - and while they were somewhat ambivalent about meeting the characters, as we drove home, Jones said, "I wish we could go back there again. It's my favorite Character Breakfast."
Of course, his enjoyment - and Freddie's, too - was enhanced by the presence of Gideon Greene and Reagan and Brice Moore, all of whom came along for the ride. Freddie's only request for the occasion was that he sit beside Reagan. He didn't really request that so much as demand it.
His other demand was a gross tonnage of jelly packets. As the characters paraded in - and I think there were 30 or so of them - Freddie sat almost completely uninterested. He was way more concerned with spoon feeding himself grape jelly, which I allowed, because he ate such a great breakfast.
As we walked out of the Poinsett Club, I saw the Theatre's Director of Development and enthusiastically committed to sponsor the same event next year. The boys will most definitely age out of it about the time my board service is over, but until then, this event seems like a great fit for Jones and Freddie Pressley.




















No comments:
Post a Comment