If there is a school that celebrates some sort of costume theme every single day of the year, then I'd like a couple of applications, please. I can't speak for the boys, but I can say that, without question, these past few days have been some of my favorites of the entire school year.And, the truth is, the boys LOVED dressing up like "Army Guys" and practicing the part by watching circa 1985 "GI Joe" cartoons and playing around when we did our costume "walkthroughs" yesterday afternoon (old theatre professors never die; they just live for costume days at their kids' schools).
Jeremy was running late this morning, so I got to take the boys to school and was struck both at drop-off and, later, at pick-up with how most parents seemed to interpret "Camo Day" from a hunting perspective. That never even occurred to me, but next year, maybe I'll go that route just to mix it up some.
There are a handful of more days like this scattered throughout the month of March, but, in my mind, it's gonna be hard to beat Special Forces Freddie and Fly Boy Jones Pressley.
![]() |
| As Jones was putting him in a choke- hold, Freddie said, "I like it when you do that, Jones." |
![]() |
| "Fly Boy Bill Kelly" was a character in a 1998 musical I love called "Steel Pier." I can't see this picture without thinking "Fly Boy Jones Pressley." |
Also, this picture has nothing to do with anything - except for the facts that I love it and that I found it on my memory card when I pulled the Camo Day pictures off this morning. I'm guessing it was secretly taken by Freddie yesterday evening, as I got ready to meet some friends for dinner. I REALLY hope Jeremy didn't use that particular pan to prepare the boys' pork chops.











No comments:
Post a Comment