Background

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Meet the Teacher!


School starts on Friday, and after tonite, the teachers have officially been met. Well, Jones met one of his teachers this summer. Mrs. Doris was his primary teacher at day camp all summer, but during the year, he'll also have Mrs. Janet, while Freddie is in Mrs. Shana's class, though, for the life of him, he cannot understand why he doesn't still have his "Chocolate Girl," so-called, because of her long (amazingly straight) brown hair.  The "Meet the Teacher" experience was mostly positive. We headed first into Jones's classroom. Rookie mistake. As soon as he realized what we were up to, he started to panic, so we switched course and went to Freddie's room instead. Freddie did better - he was obviously nervous but handled it like he'd been in this position at least a time or two before. 
After meeting Mrs. Shana, Jones was much more relaxed about seeing Mrs. Doris and meeting Mrs. Janet. Afterwards, Nana and Mayme joined us for dinner at the the Blue Rooster, and both boys said they're ready to get started in a few days. 

I guess time will tell!
Jones has an outfit identical to Freddie's, which I had person-
alined earlier this summer. I took for granted that the polo would
pull over his head, but when I went to dress him tonite, it was
pretty quickly clear how wrong I'd been to assume.
It would.not.budge, so we had to call an audible
in the 11th hour, and, for the first time ever, I felt very
glad the boys have way more clothes than they can ever wear.
When I tried to take a picture of the boys
at school, Freddie fell. That's why he's
crying, and he wouldn't calm down.
Since Freddie wouldn't calm down,
Jones took matters into his own hands,
literally using his paws to turn Freddie's
frown upside down.
"Give her a BIIIIIIIIIGGGG smile,"
Jones told his baby brother.








No comments:

Post a Comment