Since school starts on Friday, a day-before-the-day-before-the-day at Dollywood seemed perfectly in order. Our favorite 10 year old came along for the ride, and a good time was had by all - but even more so by Freddie, who rode the kiddie coaster no fewer than five times. And also the ferris wheel.Jones did great, too - he's learned that he doesn't like the fast rides, and since Freddie will ride them with me, I'm not forcing Jones to, until he's ready - mostly because Security would probably be called as soon as someone heard Jones's maniacal screams. Seriously. There is NO FORCING that child to do something that scares him.
Eye roll.
One funny thing he said, though, while driving the "Oso Cars." Both boys and I were in the same car. As we went through the tunnel, Jones said, "I'll have us outta here in a jiffy." Pretty sure that's a direct quote from any number of different "Mickey & the Roadster Racers" episodes, but still. It was funny.
Something adorable from Freddie: as they played on the playground outside the Barnstormer, there was a little girl climbing up the slide ramp at the same time they were. I told the boys, "Remember: ladies first." They both let the little girl go first, and that was that.From there, we went to the "Granny's Garden" playground - or whatever it's called. They were doing laps around it, sliding over and over and over again. I looked over and saw Freddie at the foot of the slide ladder. Every time a little girl came by, he'd step out of her way and say to her, "Ladies first." In fact, one time, he was already climbing up the steps when a little girl came up behind him. He climbed over the railing to get off the steps, so she could go in front of him.
I honestly can't remember a moment when I've been more proud. That child's heart is honestly ten sizes too big.
All in all? Another awesome day at Dollywood. Can't wait to go back - but first: DISNEY WORLD!
("Here we goooooooo! I LIKE ferris wheels!")
(I love the boys' little exchange at the beginning of this video.)
(I'll be honest; I was surprised at how willing Freddie was to give Jones a turn behind the wheel. I was just as surprised that Jones even WANTED a turn. He's usually content to just sit shotgun.)






No comments:
Post a Comment