It worked.
Jeremy was completely surprised when Randy walked in and joined the receiving line that had informally taken shape. It was an amazing moment. In fact, when Jeremy realized who it was, he hugged him. Then, he backed away to talk and brought it in again for another hug. I saw the two of them talking all nite, which was exactly what I wanted to have happen. It was awesome.
So were all of the rest of the guests. It was so wonderful to see them all - and I have to brag on my boys a little bit. They were EXCEPTIONALLY well behaved while their Nana and I decorated the Milltown Place earlier in the day on Friday. For an hour or so, they both sat so quietly in their seats (they pretended they were their "desks"), playing with whatever was left in their backpacks from our Boston trip (this was their "work"). I'd dreaded having them there with us, assuming they'd be all over the place and into everything, but boy, did they prove me wrong - and, in so doing, they made me very, very proud. I took a video (so I could text it to Brooke) so I would never forget.OH! And lest I forget - Mr. Randy gave ME one of the best presents I have ever gotten. He brought me a file from a circa 1992 news story about Jeremy. The file format couldn't be recognized by my computer, so I played it on Randy's laptop and recorded it on my camera. Let me just tell you: it is a TREASURE.
So was this wonderful weekend with so many who mean so much to Jeremy - and to me and the boys, too!
Happy birthday to the man who is finally as old as I am ... well, almost.












No comments:
Post a Comment